International students who meet the requirements can apply for the MEXT scholarship from the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to study at the Asia Pacific University.
The fully-funded MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University will pay an annual stipend of $12,724 at JPY144,000 per month in addition to covering the full costs of entrance and tuition for qualified candidates.
The fact that nearly 40 of Japan’s institutions are listed among the World’s Top 200 universities speaks volumes about the country’s reputation for innovation and research around the world.
Second, Japan is ranked second overall in Asia and first among the Top 10 Places to Study Abroad in Asia for experiencing a new culture.
- Host Country: Japan
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition + Admission fees
- $12,724 Annual Stipends
- Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: November 16, 2022
This scholarship is offered by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) with the goal of boosting global competitiveness and encouraging active international student exchange at Japanese universities. The Scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU.
To be considered for the MEXT Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student eligible to study in Japan
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Be a national of a MEXT designated country
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- The score validity period requirement for the English Proficiency Test Score: Only scores of examinations taken on or after March 24, 2021 will be accepted.
Scholarship Timing and Reward:
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
How To Apply:
- Submit the APU application by November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment not available. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this